Visit Inga’s Profile
With more time and effort being invested in home refurbishments, people are looking for different creative ways to enhance their home for their own personal gain, which in turn will increase its value. As specialists in small bespoke bathrooms we have noticed a common preference among our clients that with good planning makes all the difference. We are sharing 5 different ways to visually increase the size of a small bathroom.
- Use bold fixtures to draw the eye to individual pieces within the space. This will take the attention away from the size and will trick the eye into believing the space is much larger than it is. (The Bower Birds)
- Create a feature wall of mirrors, gradually extending the space beyond the walls. It is always a good idea to incorporate storage where possible to ensure space is being maximised to its full potential. Storage has been cleverly incorporated within the mirrored wall cabinets of this bathroom, designed by Amberth. (Image: Amberth)
- If you have the budget, invest in a statement basin/vanity area and if your space benefits from high ceilings, use lighting up the height of the wall to draw your focus up. (Image: Arch Daily)
- Frame a view on entry with additional use of material, in this case, marble against wood. Allow that framed view to continue beyond the walls with large floor to ceiling mirrors. This visually doubles the space in size. (Image: HomeDSGN)
- Be innovative with your use mirrors to establish a distinctive look that feels bright and spacious. One of the most important things to consider when re-designing a small bathroom is whether you want a shower room, or both shower and bath, this changes everything in the planning of your bathroom renovation. (Image: My House Idea).
For more information on small bathrooms design and installations please get in touch and we will be happy to assist you further, drop us an email at email@example.com or head over to our Houzz page where you can explore our projects in more depth.