View Andy’s Profile
As a general practice we advise on many areas of accountancy and taxation including payroll, book keeping, monthly management accounting, accounts and taxation, both corporate and personal, auditing.
Most of these services are provided here inhouse although some are carried out at client’s premises. This really depends on client size/resources and preferences. Clients typically range from a one-man band with a turnover of £20K to companies in a group structure that have turnover of up to £20M. The industry range is quite wide and we have experience in dealing with clients in IT, property developers and professional landlords, professions such as dentists and solicitors, nurseries, marketing companies, charities, restaurants and hotels.
For many of these clients we are also heavily engaged in tax planning so that we can reduce their tax liabilities and ensure that they can extract their profits in a very tax effective and efficient manner.
Some of the areas that we have recently been doing a lot of work on include:
- Professional Landlords that own property portfolios. In particular we have been looking at incorporating their portfolios where they own the properties in their personal names and are being affected by the restriction of interest relief and higher rates of tax suffered by individuals.
- Converting Sole Traders to Limited Companies thereby giving them greater personal protection and allowing them to work in an environment that experiences lower rates of tax.
- Overseas Businesses that are looking to establish a trading arm here in the UK. This may be ideal for existing overseas businesses that want to expand here or individuals that are relocating to the UK and want to start a business. Despite Brexit the UK offers many good incentives and opportunities to set up in business. We help these businesses, guiding them through all the requirements from registering their business to assisting in the opening of the bank account, and dealing with their annual accounting and taxation requirements.
We do not just look at compliance work but give proactive advice on all matters of running your business. We offer many of the services that the larger firms offer but at lower rates due to the fact that we do not have the large overheads that the bigger firms are faced with.
Our philosophy is to always look to provide clients with manageable solutions to their issues.
Clients we are looking for are…
- Professional landlords or introductions to letting agents that deal with property owners.
- Alternative therapists such as physios, osteopaths, acupuncturists. These will typically be sole traders.
- Overseas people/businesses that are looking to establish a UK business. Introductions to commercial lawyers who may be dealing with this type of people would also be good for us.